We are looking for Lead Product Design, a talented designer that is comfortable working on both UX as well as UI related items. You care about information architecture, usability, and best practices. You are comfortable talking with technical teams and respect the technical implications around design decisions. You are comfortable using modern design tools and have quality thoughts around improving processes as they relate to design and the rest of the stakeholders you will work with.
- Drive the design vision and strategy for a key product vertical, and oversee all design work in that area
- Create simple, easy-to-use experiences and interfaces that support our users and our business
- Tap into research and data to inform product decision making
- Partner with PMs, Engineers, and cross-disciplinary team leaders on the Growth and Operations teams, directing and designing features from concept to launch
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and deep knowledge of our operations
- Support and mentor fellow designers, proactively providing thoughtful crit and knowledge sharing
- Help set and enforce design best practices across the team, continuously pushing the bar for quality across the organization
- A degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, 3D design, or a related discipline (e.g., architecture, industrial design, etc.) preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in interaction and/or product design.
- Proven track record driving end-to-end design for high-profile products.
- Excellent presentation skills coupled with the ability to drive for consensus across multiple product teams and organizations.
- Ability to frame complex design problems through concepts and diagrams.
- Strong ability to conceptualize and develop innovative controls and patterns that work across 0D, 2D, and 3D experiences.
- Mastery of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Unity, and/or other tools to create mixed reality concepts, detailed UX drawings, 3D prototypes, and design specs.
- High-level of comfort with web-based technologies.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate designs.
- Excellent problem solving, creative, communication, and negotiation skills.
- A strong portfolio that shows breadth and depth of design thinking.
- Management experience a plus